Getting Started: How to install Inertia theme
Welcome to inertia theme, Please follow these simple steps to get started with your amazing website.
Step 1 - Download theme files from themeforest
After purchasing theme through themeforest, you need to download theme files from your themeforest account.
It should be a compressed file (.zip) format. Uncompress the downloaded file and you should find the following files:
- inertia.zip - Main theme file
- inertia-child.zip - Child theme file
- README.html - Readme file to get you started
- Licenses - a folder contains license information for theme assets.
Step 2 - Theme Setup
There are three ways you can install a WordPress theme:
- RECOMMENDED: Install a Theme by using the Upload Method from WordPress Admin
- ADVANCED: Installing a WordPress Theme With FTP (File-Transfer Protocol)
IMPORTANT: ALWAYS UPLOAD BOTH (inertia.zip) AND (inertia-child.zip) AND ACTIVATE CHILD THEME TO ENSURE RECEIVING UPDATES WITHOUT DELETING ANY CUSTOMIZATIONS YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE.
RECOMMENDED: Install theme by uploading it from WordPress Admin
- Go to your WordPress Dashboard. Navigate to Appearance > Themes > Add New.
- Click on Upload Theme (inertia.zip)
- Then locate your theme’s ZIP file and select to Upload.
- Once the upload is complete, you’ll be able to activate your theme.
- After activation, your will be redirected automatically to Inertia theme dashboard
Click on the orange button to install necessary plugins, the following plugins are essential for the theme to function properly: Kirki & Envato Market
Kirki is the options framework that inertia use to provide its amazing options.
Envato Market is a plugin to ensure receiving latest theme updates automatically.
MNMLD Themes: A lightweight plugin that extends theme with additional features. Highly recommended to be installed.
One Click Demo Import: Install only if you are willing to import theme demo. If you are planning to start customizing your theme from scratch then no need to install.
Configure Envato Market: Add your envato market token for verification and to receive theme future updates.
Make sure that the status in Inertia's dashboard page is indicating in green All Good.Hopping Smoothly!. This means that everything is configured correctly.
Advanced Installation Method
While the following installations is valid to follow, but we don't recommend following these methods unless you are familiar with FTP and its related clients.
Please follow the video below.
Step 3 - (optional) Import demos
if you are willing to import a specific demo, read this article.
Step 4 - Customizing Settings
You can start customizing your theme settings right away by clicking on of the following:
- Inertia -> Theme Options
- Appearance -> Customize